Slowly getting closer

It’s been a bit quiet on the wedding front lately, simply because I’m not getting married until 26 th April 2014 and we don’t need to st...


It’s been a bit quiet on the wedding front lately, simply because I’m not getting married until 26th April 2014 and we don’t need to start booking things until a year before the wedding. We’ve set our date and booked the wedding venue and videographer as they are very popular and I loved them so much I wanted to make sure we’d 100% get them. We also booked the date with our vicar at St Marys Church Sawston.  A few months before the wedding we have to go and do a marriage course where we learn about marriage etc. I think it’s a great idea, people get married willy nilly these days and you shouldn’t ever go into marriage lightly. You talk about how you would sort out arguments and how to keep your relationship healthy so it will be quite interesting.

We’ve been looking round at so many photographers none of which are my style. Luckily one of Daves work friends has a wife who does wedding photography and the photos are absolutely stunning and definitely my style!!  

The great thing about a long engagement is we have so much time to plan exactly what we want. We have time to plan our cake, decide on a theme, colours etc. Whilst we’ve already decided a colour, we still need to decide on a theme.  It will take a while for us to finally decide on what kind of cake we want, we’ll be designing it from scratch to show our cake maker what kind of thing we want, I’d love something a bit different.

In about 7 months we’ll be sending out save the date cards, its so exciting :) invitations will follow with menus and more details. We still have to plan the kind of invitations we want. I still like the thought of a Parisian theme, Whilst it’s my dream to have a Disney themed wedding it’s just so hard to pull it off so I think a Parisian theme is perfect as we got engaged in Paris and me & Dave absolutely love Paris and its somewhere I can imagine going a lot.

This time next year it will be time for me to start thinking about dresses and bridesmaid dresses. I know what kind of style I like just need to decide on the perfect dress. I want it to be very fashionable and a bit different, to for my bridesmaids I am think of a long strapless tight fitting dress. My Sister, the chief bridesmaid or matron of honour as she’ll be married by the time I get married will be wearing a different dress from the rest of my bridesmaids. For my little flower girls I love white traditional flower girl dresses, they’ll look so cute :)

We have some great ideas for the reception to make it a bit different but that will be a surprise :) I’m excited to get to taste food at chimneys (our caterers) and meet up with our wedding planner for lunch and discuss our plans. The coming months will be so busy but I’m very excited :) we also have to plan where we want to go on our honeymoon, I don’t fancy places like the Maldives or the Bahamas, I’d be terrified or getting an upset stomach!! I fancy somewhere fairly normal like Greece, Florida or south of France :)




















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images