Intro + Venue Visit

I’ve decided to start a wedding blog to keep a diary of what’s happening during the planning of my wedding. Its still in the early stages b...


I’ve decided to start a wedding blog to keep a diary of what’s happening during the planning of my wedding. Its still in the early stages but as we’re booking the venue in a few weeks I thought I would start now.
I’m Sammy & and I write the fashion & beauty blog, My Lady Boudoir.



I met my partner; Dave on the 1st December 2008 on a social networking site, Dave also lived in Cambridge. He had only just moved to Cambridge after he graduated from university and started working as a games animator in Cambridge. We chatted for hours and decided to meet up the following Friday on the 5th December 2008 and the rest is history. We hit it off straight away. Dave took me for a meal at La Tasca and we had a really nice day.

Dave is originally from North Wales and moved to Cardiff for university then moved to Cambridge for work. We quite often travel down to Anglesey to visit Dave’s mum.

December 2010 Dave took me to Paris for our anniversary and we had an amazing time. I’m a huge fan of Sex And The City and as many of you Sex And The City fans will know, the last 2 episodes were filmed in Paris and we went to all the filming locations and took photos. I had so much fun. It was very cold and even snowed so it was so uncomfortable which was a shame.



We decided to go back to Paris for Daves birthday in August 2011. It was lovely and warm and we went back to the Sex And The City locations and even found some places that we hadn’t managed to find.
We were walking round the beautiful gardens by the Louvre with the sun shining. Then suddenly Dave got down on one knee “I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?” and he opened the black heart shaped box and inside was the most beautiful ring. Of course I said yes!
It felt so weird walking around Paris as an engaged woman! Later on that evening we bought a mini bottle of champagne and celebrated.





We’re planning on getting married on the 26th April 2014. We want plenty of time to plan what we want.
We’ve been to a few wedding fayres and have lots of ideas. A florist who does beautiful flower arrangements recommended a beautiful venue called Chippenham Park after seeing the venue in her photos. We had a look at the website and loved what we saw so we requested a brochure and got some prices and realised this venue could really be the one.

























Chippenham Park held a wedding fayre last weekend (11/03/12) and as soon as we arrived I just knew it was the one. The gardens and the house are so beautiful and I could imagine my guests sipping champagne and enjoying canapés on the rose terrace, me and Dave having stunning pictures taken by the lake. My videographer will have such a stunning garden to work with as well. The marquee is stunning and theres plenty of room for tables with a beautiful dance floor with a star lit roof.

We had a good look round and the wedding coordinator gave us lots of information. We’re going back to look at it in April and then we’ll be booking our date at the same time. I’m so excited to get the wedding date booked.

I will keep this blog updated with my plans and with different wedding inspiration etc.
Thanks for reading! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. beautiful lovely blog
    http://adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images